Zendir: A New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Latest topics
» Here Lies the Jewels
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Greldor Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 am

» The Sea's People (OPEN)
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Tessalyn Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 am

» Trailer for Zendir
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Tessalyn Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 am

» Suggestion..
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Markus Lobineau Sat May 19, 2012 5:37 am

» Greldor (DONE)
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Law Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 am

» Upon the Trading
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Markus Lobineau Sun May 13, 2012 11:49 pm

» Tessalyn Westfall
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Law Mon May 07, 2012 1:34 pm

» Ryota Kazakiri
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Law Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 am

» Zendir Opens!
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Markus Lobineau Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:18 am

» Atemu Law
Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeby Markus Lobineau Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:51 am

Top posters
Markus Lobineau (141)
Here Lies the Jewels  Vote_lcapHere Lies the Jewels  Voting_barHere Lies the Jewels  Vote_rcap 
AngelJoy (62)
Here Lies the Jewels  Vote_lcapHere Lies the Jewels  Voting_barHere Lies the Jewels  Vote_rcap 
Law (55)
Game Master (8)
Greldor (8)
Tessalyn (6)
Ryota Kazakiri (1)

Here Lies the Jewels

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Law
Admin
Law

Here Lies the Jewels  Empty
PostSubject: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:57 am

It had been around 2 and half days that Law and Markus left Cuspia and traveled the Slave Route road on hay wagons. They had to endure sand storms, lack of supplies, and even being kicked off the wagons when they were discovered. Luckily, the duo were just a few distance off to Vhalla and were out of the desert when they were kicked off. Finally the two reached the most famous inn in Vhalla; the Shining Ruby Inn. Law dusted his clothes off and fixed his red hair that was all over the place and headed inside the Inn, they need food and water quickly.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:40 am

Here Lies the Jewels  AroundtheTablecutscene

The barman looks up to Law as he steps through the door and points a finger at a group gathered around a table. They talk in hushed tones, some with fingers intertwined in front of their faces and looking depressed. Those that aren't in this mental state of mind show anxiety or distaste toward the decisions being made by the most forceful of the group - a burly man with a large, red beard. He slams his fist on the table, sending the cutlery flying. He jerks his head around and sees you. With a grunt, he gestures for you to come over to the table.
Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

RPG Location : Vhalla

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:45 am

Markus was panting for breath by the time he reached the inn. His throat was parched, and the sunny weather in Vhalla didn't improve things. He was dehydrated and needed a drink as soon as he could get one, so he followed Law into an inn that he'd been in before many times. However, what greeted him was the barman who pointed a finger at a group situated around a table. It looked like the two had just interrupted an important conversation, and the situation didn't improve when he was - along with Law - gestured over to the table.
"I think we should do what they say..." Stammered Markus as he pulled his cape around himself and stepped toward the table, preparing to sit down on their command.
Back to top Go down
https://zendir.rpg-board.net
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Law coughing a dry cough, covered his mouth as he panted a little bit before heading towards the barman. He was about to ask for two drinks of anything but was interuppted by a finger pointing towards a group of people talking about something. He turned his head over to them as he saw the red bearded man yell at him to come towards the table. Of course at this time Law wanted the drink more than anything but he saw how Markus was following the command and gestured to Law to come along. He sighed as he followed Markus but before he did he told the barman to bring two drinks at the table for Law and Markus. He showed his fingers making a joke how the barman pointed when Law walked up to him. He looked around the table without sitting down as he bowed his head and asked. "What is needed of me and my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:54 am

The burly man with the red beard introduces himself.
"My name is Victor." He grins savagely, revealing a missing tooth, his gums blooded where it used to be. "I know who you two are. I sent the messenger. Poor chap, he had to die from exhaustion didn't he? Let me introduce you to the rest of the team."
He waves his hand around, encompassing the rest of those sitting at the table. They nod as their names are said. A thin man with a full set of armour and his helmet on the table in front of him is called Feros. A dwarf at the far side is known as Torum.

"You're here because I made it so. Did you hear about the dragon? Did you see it?" Victor asks, walking over and placing his hand on Law's shoulder. "If so, you must know what it symbolises. Feros and Torum have been speaking to me. They know more than I, but they are happy to tell you the story too, if you are willing to join them on the journey." He looked slowly over to Markus as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:45 am

"Dragon?" Law spoke out as he looked around the table and looked at Markus. "We haven't seen anything, well I haven't." Law said as he turned his head towards Victor. Law was now curious about this, he never meant any of these men before and they knew him already. Maybe family ties? No for Law he knew most of his family and neither his mother or father told him about Feros, Torum, or Victor. He looked at Markus as he nodded to him. "Lets hear them out." Law then took his seat as he waited for the explanation before him asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:52 am

Greldor sat at the bar, sipping his mead when he heard, "Dragon? We haven't seen anything, well I haven't" That bit perked his interest. He got up and he walked over to the person that had spoken. "You sir, have perked my interest," he said. "If there are any dragons nearby I would like to know. For you see, I would like to kill one."
Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:06 am

"No, I didn't see anything either..." Markus glanced toward Law. "...but I'm happy to hear what they have to say." He waved his hand in the air, taking a seat at the table next to Torum. The candle at the centre of the table flickered brightly upon his approach, but the flame died down quickly as it had come. Feeling the watchful eyes of the others upon him, Markus shrunk in his chair, trying to detract attention from him. It was only the wind. Only the wind.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:47 am

"I assume you want to hear about the dragon before moving on. Very well." The red-beareded man spoke, a hand stroking his beard. He then sat down next to Markus, taking a swig of his drink before belching and speaking, much to the disgust of Feros.
"The dragon symbolises a new era. They haven't been seen for many years. That they should be seen how disquiets us. They were thought to only be myths or legends, but the mere presence of them shatters the very illusion of myth."

Taking a break with another swig of drink, he then continued.

"Their wings spread wide and covered the land like an eclipse. The sun was blotted out. They vanished. Within days, we had reports from all of the villages and cities that they had seen the very same sight. Only the Kings of the land could decide what was to happen, and so one of the Kings - his identity is confidential, mind - sought us out to investigate. Alas, age has gotten to me, despite my past of barbary. I sent messengers to stalk a few, choose and bring them here. You are my chosen ones. I have heard of you."
His story complete, albeit with a few details missing, Victor leans back on his chair.
"You forgot the part about us." Feros raised an eyebrow.
"Oh yes!" Victor slammed his hand on the table, sending his mug flying. He caught it by the handle with his other hand with little to no effort before taking another swig and chucking it over his shoulder where it smashed on the floor. "These people have been seeking out rumours, investigating them and noting them. It turns out that there are some secret locations, known to only a few, where heroes are destined to go. That's all I'm willing to tell until you join the team."
Back to top Go down
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:04 am

"A team?" Law said to himself as he looked over to Markus. He then turned his head to find a Tyrem standing there overhearing the talk they were having. "Not sure you want everyone in this tavern to hear this." Speaking towards Victor. Law was talking about how a Tyrem randomly showed up at the talk as if he was invited. Law didn't hate Tyrems personally just had bad experiences with them to create some type of dislike towards their kind. Law again moving his head towards Markus this time nodded to him. "I'm up for this little team, and I always wanted to collect dragon materials for new alchemy.

(Sorry for the late post and not being around, School is a pain and I'm becoming more and more busier.)
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:42 pm

OOC: I'm going to redo what I did last time, since the only part of that post that was taken into consideration was that of Greldor listening in

Greldor heard the part about the dragon's and the part about one man not liking a Tyrem for barging in on a conversation. Being the none too bright person he is, he went forward and spoke. "Hello," He began. "My name is Greldor, I heard the part about dragons and that got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great to kill one? I mean, come on! Look at the size of them! They would be a challenge to kill, and their hide would make great armor to boot! Can any of you tell me of anything that has to do with where to find one?"
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:11 am

Victor smiles at your agreement to join. He sits down at his respective chair, casting his eyes over the group. Torum stands, tossing his axe onto the table where it knocks over and smashes a glass chalice. The innkeeper winces and Torum raises a hand in apology. He then rests his hands on a part of the table which is free of glass and speaks.

"We have entered the 6th Aalm. There were not one, but four dragons. Each of the four flew over one of the villages each. Which one you saw is irrelevant. What it means is they were fleeing from somethin'. That somethin' must have been strong enough to spook them. I now show you something I have hidden for years." He reaches into his cloak and pulls out a worn map, spreading it across the table.

"This is a map of Zendir, our land. It has been rumoured that once the dragons walk again, an eternal war will break out, unless what caused the dragons to fly is snuffed out. This can only be done with the combining of four items that formed an ancient legend. The Dragon Knight Armour."
There are collective gasps around the table but these gasps are quickly shut up by Victor's gaze. The dwarf continues.
"I heard it from a shaman in a little village out of town. I didn't believe her. She died. She is of no further relevance to us, but she left me this. This is our clue."
He holds up the map for the table to see. Around it are four red small crosses and one large cross.
"The dungeons of The Dragon Knight."
Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:25 am

"Relax Greldor, I'm sure he'll tell us..." Markus smiled, looking over to Greldor. "Look at the side indeed. Considering the return of Dragons and the myths that surrounded them especially with their ability to breathe fire, I'm betting you'd be a charred corpse before what Victor has to say is even over."
Markus jumped slightly when Torum tossed the axe onto the table, leaning to the side to avoid the glass shards. Apprehensively, he brushed himself off and then listened to Torum. As he said his story, Markus become more and more intrigued about the proposal they had found themselves part of. He leant in closer to look at the map. Indeed, it was a map of Zendir with little red markings upon it.
"So you received this map, saw the dragons, believed the shaman's story and then sought us out...?" Markus raised an eyebrow. It seemed all too coincidental for him. "What exactly are these dungeons anyway?"

(OOC: Sorry, it's hard playing 2 characters and posting constantly, I'm very busy!)
Back to top Go down
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:03 am

Law keeping his distance from Greldor, walked over to Torum as he threw his axe on the table and broke some of the glass cups. "Easy there Torum" Law smirked as he patted Torum's back. He then stood as he listened to what Victor ranting on. "So dungeons, dragons return, and now a knight's armor? What all of this a fantasy world?" Law said as he placed his hand on his forehead. "To me it seems to coincidental for all of this happening. What is this the will of the Gods or something?" Law was asking a lot of questions because he didn't want to join a random cause that gave him no real answers. But Law stood still and quiet as he waited. He did though keep his eyes on the map, as he read and started to memorize the map's locations and routes.
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Greldor looks around, confused, "What's Dragon Armour? Is it something made from dragon scales and bones? Can I wear it!?" Greldor begins to talk faster and faster, asking more and and more questions as he gets excited by hearing that the dragon's have truly returned. As he is speaking, he smiles. It is odd to see Greldor smile, for his beaked mouth bends when he smiles. His three horns begin to edge into the ceiling, for he is a tall fellow, and he is jumping about a bit by this point. His frill hits the ceiling and he instantly stops, rubbing his frill with his hand. "Sorry about that, I just got so excited. But as to my first question, what is Dragon Armour?"
Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

"Woah, woah, woah!" Markus outstretched his hands toward Greldor who was behaving hyperactively. Once he had calmed down, Markus took a deep breath and looked over to Law. "It'd be funny if we were in some fantasy world, wouldn't it?" He smirked, brushing back his hair with perspiration from his brow. "It seems to be the will of the Gods. Coincidence could only be forged by them, surely?" He asked, then turning to those who had invited the group, for answers.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:37 am

Not amused by the immaturity of Greldor, Victor then proceeded to answer his question in the hope that it would calm down his hyperactivity.
"Indeed, Dragon Knight Armour is made from the shredded scales of dragons. The scales do not last forever, not even on one of these mighty beasts. What better use for it than for man, for war and bloodshed? Only those who can wield the armour can bring about what is prophesied to be the Old Age, or an end to war. As the Dragons have returned, so has the location of the Dragon Burial sites. This can only mean war is going to happen. It's not funny."

The crowd silenced, Victor then rolls up the map, handing it to who will be the party leader.
"Good luck on your journey. I'd take the time to buy some supplies and rest up before you leave."
Back to top Go down
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:25 am

Law looked at the half breast and sighed at his childishness. He shook his head as he raised his arms to his chest and wrapped them together. He listened about the details of the Dragon Knight Armour and finally looked at Markus signalling him to stand up and for them two to leave. Law stood up and took the map as he told Victor and the rest of the group. "Thank you for the information, me and Markus will see if we can do anything about it." Law bowed down his head to show some respect even through he didn't quite understand that they needed him for this "quest". Law was still figuring out what was going to happen if he was going to go through this or not but he calmly walked out of the inn and outside as he waited for Markus only.
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

OOC: sorry for the slow post. I got a lot of stuff on my plate right now.

Greldor looked at Victor, "I come from a rich family, perhaps I can get some money to fund this here expedition?" He rubbed his frill, he was thinking a lot more than he usually did. And all of that thinking was hurting his head. "Also, I can probably get us all fast horses if we go to visit them."

OOC: Sorry, that's it. Writer's Block
Back to top Go down
Game Master
NPC
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Here Lies the Jewels  LetterCutscene

"I've copied the map." Torum smiles. He pulls out one of his many rolled-up copies from his robe and hands it to Greldor. It's not quite as neatly kept as the original, but it will do for finding your way around. "Good luck. Whatever you do from this point on, and who you go with is up to you."
The skinny warrior - Feros - abruptly stands up.
"And take me with you, if you need to." He speaks quickly, taking his helmet from the table and putting it on where it locks into place with a satisfying click. Through his visor, you can just make out his fierce eyes. What part does he play in all of this?

Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:55 pm

(OOC: Sorry, been really busy...)

Markus stood from his seating position, the chair legs scraping across the tavern floor. He nodded in the same fashion as Law, glad that he had quickly picked up one of the area's customs. He began to follow Markus, but stopped in his tracks when he heard Greldor speak up.
"Money would be nice." Markus chuckled. "But it doesn't look like you have much on you. Only 100 gold at most, I'd gather?" He pointed out. "The same as me."
Again, he began to leave, but was stopped once more by Feros' abrupt actions. Markus span around just in time to see him click his helmet onto his head and his fierce eyes glow through the helmet's slits.
"Law, let's take these two with us, and any more we can find..." He reached out to grab Law's shoulder to try to stop him leaving the tavern until he complied. "...the extra help is always good, and we could put our money together to buy the more expensive items we need for the journey. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Law
Admin
Law

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 am

"Two others..Fine and tell that Tyrem to stay away from me. " Law took a small breathe in as he looked at the two new companions and nodded, agreeing for them to join. He walked out and left he inn before turning to Markus. "Where to"

(sorry for the horrible post, and along with the long wait. Life got a bit busy. Once again im sorry for both.)
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

Greldor went outside to see the two men. He explained to them that he could ,and would, be able to pay for the entire trip so long as they went with him to get the money from his parents. "See, they're not the nicest people. And I told them that I wouldn't return until I had the head of a dragon for them. They tend to believe that Tyrims are superior to all other races. Can you two help me talk them into giving us the coin required to make this journey?"
Back to top Go down
Markus Lobineau
Admin
Markus Lobineau

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:29 am

"Well, we're in Vhalla, so why not visit Vhalla's dungeon first?" Markus suggested, following Law out of the Inn into the sunny weather. He squinted, turning to see whether Greldor was following or not and the knowledge he was surprised him. His request, even more so.
"Hmm. I'm sure the spoils from Vhalla's dungeon may help in the persuasion part, if that needs to be the case." Markus shrugged. "We've got maps, and I'm sure we can go there without spending many resources. But it's up to you." He pointed to Feros, who stood behind him. "He's our backup too."
Back to top Go down
Greldor

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 pm

OOC: Is it my turn to post? If it, then sorry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies the Jewels    Here Lies the Jewels  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Lies the Jewels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zendir: A New World :: World :: Vhalla :: Shining Ruby Inn-
Jump to: